Hosted by Xpresso Book Tours
Author: J.L. McFadden
Published Date: January 21st 2015
Genres: Adult, Paranormal Romance
This book is written in such away that it can be read as a stand alone or after the first book of the series- The Guardian. After so much more loss Adela finds herself in the middle of a love triangle and the fight for the head of Covens.
Adela and John both have their fair share of choices to make. Adela must think of her coven, but at the same time she feels a burning desire for her great, great niece’s Guardian John. She is torn because though fate has blessed her great, great niece with a Guardian that is connected to her by Mother Earth to protect her from anything, she keeps rejecting him. John is torn between the woman he is fated to and Adela. He fears that it is Adela’s powers of seduction that is tempting him. He feels a desire to protect Gala, but also feels a yearning for Adela. At the same time Adela must search for the secret journal known as the Guardian journal and protect those she loves from the dangers that lurk in the shadows.
Goodreads * Amazon * B&N
– What made me want to read and review this book was the fact that it’s outside of my comfort zone of genres. I’ve very big into YA books and lighter adult novels. There was something appealing about this. I am so glad that I adventured out of my comfort zone.
– I was at a little disadvantage since I didn’t read the first book in this series before I read this book. But honestly, it wasn’t even a factor. It was easy to follow.
– It was nice to see a book about vampires written so well. The last good series was the Sooki Stackhouse series. Check it out.
J.L McFadden is the Author of the Guardian Series: Guardian, released,Adela,release in September, Chooses, release in May 2014, Adela’s Lost Guardian, March, more to be named at a later date. McFadden spins tragedy and romance into all of his stories with picturesque descriptions that vividly paints and melts the scenes into your pleasure cortex that is a valid and important part of every readers mind. Jamie Lee was born in a mixed Celtic and Slavic family in the river valleys of Pennsylvania, in his earlier years he played in bands in New York and ended up working his way into H.Q of the largest musical retailer in the world Guitar Center; while working at the store level he managed multiple departments at once and handled all the stores merchandising logistics. He has explored the world and became the first American to be excepted into the Interregional Federation of Aikido Aikikai of Crimea & Sevastopol, where he enjoys learning from great masters from around the world, where he has developed his himself. He explains that the people rich and colorfully different people he has met, spawned a lot of his characters.
- $30 Amazon Gift Card + all 3 books in the series in paperback
- 2x $5 Amazon Gift card + all three books in ebook format