Title: Faking Perfect
Author: Rebecca Phillips
Format: ebook from Netgalley
Release Date: June 30th 2015
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Young Adult
When Lexi Shaw seduced Oakfield High’s resident bad boy Tyler Flynn at the beginning of senior year, he seemed perfectly okay with her rules:
1. Avoid her at school.
2. Keep his mouth shut about what they do together.
3. Never tease her about her friend (and unrequited crush) Ben.
Because with his integrity and values and golden boy looks, Ben can never find out about what she’s been doing behind closed doors with Tyler. Or that her mom’s too busy drinking and chasing losers to pay the bills. Or that Lexi’s dad hasn’t been a part of her life for the last thirteen years. But with Tyler suddenly breaking the rules, Ben asking her out, and her dad back in the picture, how long will she be able to go on faking perfect?
– This book teaches the reader a valuable lesson.
– Lexi spends hours putting on the perfect face before she leaves for school every day. In everyone’s eyes, she is perfect and flawless. Little do they know that she is faking perfect.
– Lexi starts a secret hooking up relationship with the school’s resident drug dealer, Tyler. He must follow her three rules: avoid her at school, keep his mouth shut, and don’t talk about her crush on Ben.
– When Ben finally asks Lexi out, everything starts crashing down. Lexi’s perfect image becomes cracked and flawed.
– This book is a great example of not judging a book by it’s cover. Nothing is what it seems.
– Even though Rebecca, wrote Tyler as the school bad boy, he was my favorite character. From page one, I fell in love with him. I was rooting for him to get his happy ending.
– This is a great and quick read, everyone should read it.